And pre-heating the manifold and I think, maybe cooling it slowly afterwards.

RB

On 03/03/2015 10:36 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
I'd weld a cast iron manifold. Grind a v along the crack. Get SS rod, and whale away. THe trick is using the SS rod on a stick welder.

Which makes me think its actually the exhaust manifold. There was great comment in the meeting over the possibility of welding cast iron. One guy, a professional welder, says he does it all the time so they're going to try welding first.
-Curt

      From: Max Dillon <dillonm...@gmail.com>
To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 9:09 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Big engine parts?
Welding cast aluminum (assuming that intake is aluminum) is a real art.

A friend of mine welded a broken ear back onto an OM603 intake I had, it was a rather involved process. He'd never done that sort of thing, wanted the challenge, spent some time researching before he attempted it.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC

All posts are the result of individual contributors and as such, those individuals are responsible for the content of the post. The list owner has no control over the content of the messages of each contributor.