The fuses are not good just because they look good on the part that burns
through.

My wipers kept crapping out on me recently. I greased all the fuse ends,
which worked for a bit, then I would simply rotate the offending fuse in
its holder whenever the wipers quit, which also worked temporarily each
time. But I didnt realise the end had worn where it contacts the holder, so
the pressure was reduced greatly at the contact point. Replaced the fuse
and all is fine since.

Of course now the washer quit...cant recall if that is the same fuse or not.

Karl