As you all know, my 1983 300TD had a heating issue couipled with low
coolant levels.  When I replenished the coolant the heating system resumed
mnormal operations.

This weekend, I checked the aux. filler tank and it was shockingly low
again.  There is no puddle under the car, so the loss of coolant is
associated with vehicle operation.  WTF?!  There is a slight wetness at the
tank filler neck, and the exhaust appears normal (although I am not one to
look for trouble).

I swapped out the radiator cap for a new one I had lying around.  If that
doesn't work I have a new tank I could install as well.   Ideas on how to
trouble shoot this nagging issue if the problem persists?