It was great to meet up with Jaime and his associate Andrew and spend a few
hours talking MBs.

There is some background here worth repeating:

My youngest son is not a gear head, but he does love his Mercedes, and for that
matter, all things MB and exotic when it comes to cars. He's been in close
touch while I actively search for a new car these days, so when Jaime told me
he would be in the neighborhood with the Maybach I hatched a scheme.

I told Stu I was going to be looking at a potential car purchase in St. Pete
where he attends school, and that if he wanted I would pick him up and we could
get some dinner. Being the proverbial starving college student, he gladly
accepted my offer.

I drove over and picked him up that night, telling him the car and its owner
were over at the Hampton Inn and we would meet him there.

We drove over to the Hampton Inn and walked up to two men standing at the lobby
doors. "Jaime?" I asked, and we exchanged pleasantries.

"So where is this car?" I asked.

"Right over there," as we walked towards the Maybach.

Stu just about soiled himself.  It was, and still is, a priceless moment I'll
never forget. I'm indebted to Jaime for being gracious enough to let us take a
ride in it.  Needless to say, Stu was agog, in awe, etc., for the whole
evening.  When I talked to him the next morning, I asked him how much sleep he
had gotten that night.

"I was so wound up I finally got to sleep around two!"

That was really great. You gave my boy an experience he'll never forget. I am a
candidate for "World's Best Dad", no doubt.

 Thanks again, Jaime!

Dan

Sent from my iPad