I don't think you expect too much, properly applied chrome should last decades,
half centuries even. I've got a Coleman lantern from 1929 that still has good
nickel...
-Curt

      From: Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 5:44 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT faucets

On 23/03/2015 4:37 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
> I just bought a $40 chinee delta knockoff at el mercado de wall/ gato
> merde
>
> It works ok, but not thrilling.  It looks exactly the same as a the
> chinee ones sold on fleaby for $15.  I didn't have time to wait, as
> the faucet project came up a couple days before we needed to leave. I
> too am getting to decrepit to work under da sink.  A couple of couch
> cushions helped a lot.
>
> Installation was easy , but getting the old one out was a pain.
>
> All parts are still available for Deltas here in the lower 48.
>
> _______________________________________

I did not use couch cushions. I had some old towels folded up to lay on.
Hard part is I am not so flexible anymore. I took both doors off as they
have the adjustable European style hinges and it was easy.
No centre divider so wide open with the doors off. However, once in
there and with a torchin one hand and a piece of hot copper pipe in the
other hand held by vice grips it is difficult to wiggle out to a sitting
position without touching things. Thankfully I have a torch with the
rubber hose back to the tank and an igniter so it starts when I squeeze
the trigger and stops when I let off on the trigger.

I think Delta advertised that the finish was guaranteed for life so I
should look into it and see if they will replace the one that is
corroding and flaking. I don't think it is 10 years old. I guess I
expect too much.

RB