This afternoon a salesman stopped in. After he left, he came back in and asked whose Mercedes was outside. I told him it was mine. He said he thought that type was the best looking Mercedes, and that he does not like the new ones (fugly) I agreed and he started talking about his 93 300D 2.5 He bought it nearly new and now his daughter is driving it in CO. It has 400k miles on it. It sounds like it is midnight blue. Not many 124 in dark blue colors. It sounds like a nice car. He is considering taking it back and driving it again. I don't blame him.

Even my old rusty SDL is attractive! Especially compared to the prastic cars made in the past 25-30 years. Our little old diesels club is worldwide. I generally hide the SDL or relegate it to the back part of the lot when I know visitors are coming. Maybe I don't need to. I figgered it looks better at 30 to 100 yards.

It is kinda like a few years ago when Werner Fehlauer and a bunch of MBCA folks stopped in town overnight on the way west. When I was looking for them, I saw a blue 123 wagon and started talking to the guy. It turned out to be LutherG's dad, not on the MBCA drive. BTW, Werner was driving a droolworthy 300D 2.5 also.