Actually, its going fairly poorly valued it $3078.  Refuse to move on the
value at all..  It is drive able..  The doors are bent fairly far outward
on the passenger side, I can go try to open them if anyone is interested..
Tranny only has about 80K on it. rest of the car is at 205K

Peter

Tell them firmly they will replace it with one of equal or better value, or pay you enough to replace it with one of equal value and your time, or they can meet in court, and have their shenanigans documented on the internet.

Hold your ground and don't be in a hurry to settle, don't take any check except for full settlement.

I'm sure you know all this , but it does not hurt to have reinforcements.

If they have a local office, go in frequently and remind them they have not made a fair offer yet, and ask for a fair offer.

the $3000 is probably low tradein in some book. That is not what you can buy one for. If they can buy one that is satisfactory for under retail, tell them to have at it.