on this one I mean the doctors, lawyers and other "prestige Harley riders") riders and as such will have an
ego that doesn't keep them in a safe defensive driving posture thereby raising the danger statistic for
"loud" bikes.
I find 'em annoying and rude, esp at 6am when somebody cranks one up and I'm trying to sleep. Probably its not as much the bike's fault as the hillscroggin mouth breather that only thinks about how cool he thinks he is... -Curt Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:23:38 -0800
From: "Tim C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Bike rider, loud pipes
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Actually, loud pipes let cars (mostly driven by blithering idiots who fail to see anything smaller than a Suburban) know you're there. A friend had an obnoxiously loud bike (he bought it that way, wasn't trying to say "look at
me") could hear him for about 3/4 of a mile away - he stated that cars
stayed away from him, even moving to the other side of their lane as he
passed.  I know if I rode a bike, I'd want that kind of situation - not
being seen usually has disastrous results when you don't have a frame around
you.