OK Don wrote:
we had one just this year - right in town. There was no car involved -
the idiot didn't need any help. Too fast is too fast, regardless of
the noise.

One motorcyclist slammed into the back of a boat trailer next to an airport I used to frequent. The driver of the truck towing the boat had slowed to look at the airplanes. Unfortunately, the biker was also looking at the airplanes, but hadn't slowed. He wasn't seriously hurt, fortunately, but his bike was. Maybe if he'd had louder pipes the truck driver would have heard him and sped up? ;)