I think the issue with the MTC (Chinese) parts are the rubber quality.
Coolant gets past the sealing and into the moving parts of the valve.  This
causes the valve to get somewhat hydrolocked and not pulse open and closed
properly, resulting it too much or too little heat.

The failure of an original part was a tear in the rubber at its thinnest
section, resulting in the same.

Jaime

On Friday, April 17, 2015, Jim Cathey <jim.cathey...@gmail.com> wrote:

> had a different diameter to the cylindrical shaft such that it was a very
>> difficult fit and didn't work at all
>>

> The MTC I ended up with didn't fit either.  I removed the
> circlip from the ends of both and transferred the rubber/screen
> part from the MTC to the bad one that came out of the
> car.  It then fit, and so far seems to be working.
>
> The MTC _looked_ identical to what came out of the car,
> but obviously the QC on the dimensioning was not so good.
>
> -- Jim

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/