Yes, those you mention used to be here or on the predecessor lists. They are missed.

Most folks that post have something to contribute. we all have different experiences and different cars. One example that always comes to mind is how Herr Booth led a charmed life and he never had a klima fail, while for a few years, every car I touched had a Klima that crapped out. We are lucky to have those you mentioned and fmiser and the east coast chowdahQ crew (curt, fred, dimitri the welding machine, and Dwight.)

Jaime's insights into the world of new prastic MBs, and all the 'lectronic gizmos in them, as well as hands on knowledge of the handfinished MBs is extremely valuable.

And of course, thanks to Kaleb and Dan for being listmom and list motherinlaw.

Darren the coffee dude writes:

Start a Google group :p

Not no, but Oh Hell No.

I was on the Yahoo Groups diesel MB group for a while. Butt loads of ignorance and disinformation there. You can learn more here by accident than there on purpose. There are pretty good forums elsewhere, (Mad Max Bumpo is list admin for one) but as far as email lists go, this is the one. Dave's List is probably good, but it's invite only, and I've never been invited. He is GSXR on one of the Benz forums. He is highly knowledgeable on older MB. Wish he was here, along with a few others... Mathieu Cama, John Berryman, to name a couple. We have resident experts here too, Jaime, Peter F., Dan P., Loren, to name a few. The depth of knowledge on a variety of subjects, on this list, is incredible. I, for one, am quite grateful to Kaleb, and also Dan P. for keeping this list alive not only after this last little fiasco, but also after the Dickarde server meltdown.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Rick
Sent from my BlackBerry Z10