Rick wrote:
 There are pretty good forums elsewhere

You named a few but missed a major player that spawned the Dickarde
lists and okiebenz, essentially - mercedeslist.com founded by Easley
and Ritter.
We still gotta visit Darren coffeeman sometime.
Did you get your weeping injector lines fixed, Darren?
mao - Elgin
Alex Gabard started the Mercedes Veterans list for 110/111/112/113/114/115/107/108/109 and pontons, with 123 content also. When Alex didn't have time, Dickarde took over that list. It morphed into the DIesel list on Dickarde's site.

Ritter/easley list contributed to this list only in that reprobates who were kicked off the ritter/easley list were invited to Dickarde's banned list. the remains of all dickarde lists were gathered up by Kaleb and put into this list.

I was briefly on the R/E (hitler) list, but quit because of lots of posts and all were about newer cars. Nothing there for the Mercedes Veterans. That was maybe 1997. I didn't have a 126 or 124 until several years later.