On Sat, 9 May 2015 13:34:21 -0500 Curly McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Since most of the 240D system is manual, thankfully, I am trying to
> figure out what is missing if I just leave the HVAC vacuum system
> unhooked.  There is a flapper on the far right that is supposed to
> pull in and close the flap with vacuum.  The default leaves the far
> right dash vent open.  I don't see any problem with leaving that vent
> open.  I have not figured out what else the vacuum does.
>
> I have taken apart all I can without taking out the fronts seats and
> the console, but I still don't see other vacuum connections or lines.
> A green yellow tube runs under the windshield near the firewall just
> under the window to the vacuum pod at the far right.

Now that's odd. I have never heard of a vacuum pod on the right side of a
240D; all of the documentation I have makes no mention of it.

If I didn't have so many things to do, I'd go out and look at our car.

Craig

----------------------------------
Present: '82 240D/3.0   Bluebell   267 kmi (Still need to fix leaking
                                            oil pressure gauge and do
                                            something about the failed
                                            hood paint)
         '89 Chevrolet G20 Beauville Van (affectionately dubbed the BRV,
                                         the Big Red Van)
Past:    '95 E320       Sebastian  135 kmi   RIP
         '94 E420       Oskar      127 kmi   RIP
         '86 190E/2.3
         '72 220/8
         '64 190Dc      Emma