Is anyone paying attention to these?  A power outage of 2.75 hours this
morning got my attention.
We are "on" a water well, no power, no water. We have threatened to
purchase and install a back-up generator for three years now, but always
hesitate when it comes time to size one, and realizing that we want it all
- which costs a lot to purchase, and more to operate.

I'm wondering if installing a "powerwall" would allow a smaller generator
to run periodically instead of continuously, thus lowering the operating
costs. If a generator is auto, or on demand starting, it would only run
when it sees the powerwall losing capacity, charge it up, and shut off. I
guess the generator would have to be able to both power the house and
charge the powerwall, so might still have to be big?

--
OK Don

NSA: The only branch of government that actually listens to US citizens!

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!