      From: Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2015 6:35 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Tesla Pwerwall

>Curly wrote:
>>  Once again the Cathey solution is good.
>
>I thought the Cathey solution I recall from pictures at the Cathey
>compound was a very large vintage military generator, Jim?  Maybe that
>wasn't Cathey?  Cathey is Spokane, correct?
>mao

Jim is the VOICE of experience!  He found out firsthand that
generators suck a lot of go juice.  Yes, he has a monster generator,
and some others.

The sensible thing to do when the power is out, is to adapt.  We've
been through lots of power outages  up to maybe 12 hours.  Hardly
Katrina proportions.  A wood stove (with wood), a 24" LP gas stove,
and candles are all we've ever needed.

If OKieDonn puts in the soft start for the heat pump, a 5500W
generator should pul the load.  A second could power the pump and
other household necessities

In a Katrina Situation, the most important thing is to keep the
refrigerator going.  A little extra juice for a couple lights is
nice.  Air cond to keep things from molding becomes a nice thing
after 2 days or so, but is not needed to support life.

I always looked on a power outage as an adventure and a chance to
test out the situation.