I'm out on the side of the road with my son's S500 coupe. He says he was
driving down the road and it just quit on him. He pulled over and attempted to
restart the car without any luck. He said it did start and idle for a minute,
then quit again and would not restart. Plenty of fuel, all the electrics appear
to be OK. It cranks and fires, then dies. I'm wondering where to start. I'm
thinking possible fuel pump problems, or fuel pressure regulator. He's
mentioned that it's hard to start occasionally, which makes me suspect fuel.

Is there a way to check fuel pressure without a gauge? I know Harbor Freight
has some pressure gauges, but I thought they would work on Mercedes?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Dan