Propane or natural gas are both known as "dry fuels" for the obvious reasons.
They're far better on an engine due to the lack of fuel dilution and cylinder
wall washing that occurs with gasoline.

They can and do go longer between oil changes for this reason as well.

No carburetors on these engines - the term for a gas engine is "mixer", as
that's exactly what they are, a Venturi with a metering valve of some sort.
There are dual fuel setups on small engines that use what's known as a "spud in
valve" that is screwed into the main jet drilling which introduces dry fuel
into the carb rather than gasoline.

The drawback? Dry fuels have lower BTU contents, so an engine that produces 10
HP on gasoline may only produce 8-9 HP depending on what kind of fuel it is.

Dan

Sent from my iPad