Peter T. Arnold wrote:
Last fall my sunroof got stuck.  My trusted Indy said it needed to
{redesigned} Angles as on  was broken and they should be swapped as a
set.  Price was about $425 for parts and $400 for labor.

Anyone here BTDT?  I need to do this before my scheduled repaint.  I'm
thinking that the groups collective wisdom is that even skilled
doityourselfers should not attempt this.

Pete

Repair of the older sliding sunroof is a breeze. The pop-up roof is another matter entirely and it's VERY easy to turn a flaw with a simple fix into a problem that will cost a great deal to repair. The factory manual (even with Dave's addendum) is NOT sufficient to instruct most novice DIYers on how to fix the sunroof (in MY opinion). The guys that have repaired a dozen or more of them can make it look EASY, but it's NOT something you're likely to be able to perform after just reading the manual and several of the common mistakes can result in the repair becoming MUCH MORE EXTENSIVE AND EXPENSIVE.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi