My favorite indie uses a water hose to find vacuum leaks. Simple. You spray water around until the engine runs faster. sealing the leak with water makes the mixture richer, so the engine runs faster.

I could not believe it. I did not want to hose water around the coil , distributor etc, but it works. He found lots of M116 leaks after I fixed the easy ones first with his method.

I knew the vacuum fittings on the top of the engine were getting hard and brittle as they're known to do, but I didn't think any of them were leaking yet. I'm going to dig around on the internet and see if I can find the plan for a DIY smoke tester - this is something that is a big help and could use occasionally.

More as I know itŠ.

Dan