If you use it frequently, you won't regret getting a real pallet fork with a
quick-attach interface.  My loader has the skid-steer quick attach interface
but I think John Deere has their own version of something similar.  The
quick-attach makes changing buckets, forks, etc. very fast and easy.

By the way, there is an aftermarket grease gun coupler called LocknLube,
which I highly recommend (available from Amazon and others).  It's
overpriced ($30) but worth it.  All the grease goes into the fitting.  On my
Kioti, the loader gets greased every 10 hours, the mower every 20, and
everything else every 50 hours; so a good coupler saves a little grease and
a lot of mess.