I’ve known Randy since 1989 when he had a storefront operation in Santa
Barbara.  Good guy, a real bulldog when it comes to finding a part that’s
obscure or difficult to identify.

I used to visit him when I traveled out there, usually without notice.  I would
just wander into the store like any customer and walk up to the counter, asking
him for parts for (my) a 1979 300TD.  The first time I did it he just about
lost it when he saw the name on my credit card.

Hee.

I paid his way to Startech in the early 2000s when it was in Milwaukee.  I also
contributed heavily to his daughter’s college fund through my parts purchases.

Randy is a really good honest businessman who does well for his customers.  The
Internet killed his business, however.  Too much competition on price.

However, he continues to amass all the NOS parts he can get his hands on.  He
buys up inventories, dealer stock that’s too old to rotate back to MBUSA, you
name it.  He keeps it all in a warehouse in Goleta outside Santa Barbara and
pretty much works via email to the best of my knowledge.

I would buy from him now if he sold current parts.

Dan