Window scrapers are actually material sold in bulk.

Let’s give this some rational thought:

Knockoff: $12.00

OEM: $75.00

That means the knockoff is more than SIX times cheaper than OEM.  Assuming
everyone is making a profit on what they sell, the cost relationship of the
knockoff to the OEM part is skewed even further.

What do you think about the raw materials that are being used in the knockoff?
Cheap labor? Sure. 100% real rubber?  Most unlikely.

How long do you think the knockoff is going to last?

I realize that some will step up at this point and suggest that Andrew can buy
more than six pieces of the knockoff before he would have the same amount of
money invested for one OEM window scraper, but you also need to factor in labor
and related potential issues for the water that’s going to get past the
knockoff part and into his doors as it wears (quickly).

Here’s what I suggest:

Contact Randy Steele at EPS, Ltd.

epspa...@impulse.net

Tell Randy I told you to contact him.  Tell him you need exterior window
scrapers for a W123 and see what he quotes you.  I suggest this because I
bought literally tens of thousands of dollars of parts from Randy over the
years, and I am almost sure he bought window scraper material in bulk and just
cut it to length.  For that matter, the pieces you get from the dealer will
also be in bulk form, slightly longer than your actual scrapers.  You’ll need
to have some very sharp tin snips or aircraft shears to trim it to length.

I don’t know if Randy will be any cheaper, but it’s worth a try.  I certainly
understand your reluctance to spend $75 for a window scraper, but some of that
decision factors into how much longer you plan on owning/driving the car, too.

On a related note, Randy pretty much deals in NOS stuff now, so if you’re
looking for an NOS part for an older Benz, he’s your guy.

Dan