I think those fader "swithces" are just variable resistors/potentiometer things. put a meter on it and see what it does.

Newer head units (I don't mean Beckers -- no idea what they have -- but any other thing you buy) have the fader built in so you can just bypass it and use the "native" function.

Again, I don't know about Beckers but I was looking at the schematic for the radio in my truck, which I liberated from the 2000 Suburban when I put a new unit in there. I want to put an aux input for an ipod or a bluetooth module, and the way to do that is to tap into the cassette line. The unit itself has a remote cassette player that uses that line so just a matter of putting the wires and a mini-plug socket somewhere near the unit. Of course this is on my "to-do" list... Some people have found success by just opening up the unit and looking at the board or inputs and just tapping/splicing into the proper wire or trace or plug or something on the main board -- apparently most of them are annotated on the boards or it is easy enough to see what goes where.

--R