Probably easier to just snake new wires back to the speakers and then connect directly to the head unit or the connector or whatever you can get to

--R

On 6/19/15 10:33 AM, Meade Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
The issue is that the fader gets two-channel input (only two wires), and
outputs four-channels (only four wires).  The _ground_ or _negative_ signal
to the speakers doesn't go through the fader, it goes from the radio
through connector X48H and X48G, which are not listed in the FSM index of
connector locations.  I suspect they are somewhere under the center
console.  So I would need to run two more wires to that fader socket for
either the front or the rear speakers, OR I could go directly to the front
speakers from the radio (those connectors are readily available right
behind the radio hole), and then jumper the fader input wires to the rear
speaker signals.  Unfortunately the electrical diagram from the FSM does
not give pin numbers at the fader socket, so I guess that will be trial and
error with a 9v battery.

I'm concerned because I've read in several forum posts that modern radios
don't like how Mercedes grounded the speakers in the 80's, now I need to
see how the Becker 1492 installation compares to my 87 wagon, maybe in
'94/'95 Mercedes continued with its speaker grounding method and the 1492
won't care.

I'd like to put the Aux Input plug in the hole for the fader.

Max
Charleston SC

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Rich Thomas via Mercedes <