That’s nothing.  My 2003 S430 (W220) has four fuse boxes.  And some electrical
items have “electronic fuses” as MB calls them.  It’s a fancy name for saying
that they’re using an SCR to control a circuit, and it limits current if it
sees a ground or short circuit.

Makes troubleshooting tough sometimes, too.  I had a side marker light out.  I
test the bulb with a meter.  Open circuit.  For grins I checked the socket for
power with the light switch on.  Nothing.

Further studying revealed that if there’s no load, the “electronic fuse” won’t
pass power to the circuit.

Put a new 5W bulb in and it worked.

Dan