Speaking of computer software -- I have a Parallels window running on my Mac with a Win7 install, which works fine. Yesterday I downloaded Ubuntu 15 and have tried to install it, it gets so far, looks like maybe it installed as a virtual machine OS but then it wants Parallel tools off the CD, but that doesn't work. I found a tutorial that says to grab it off the Mac HD, which I found, but then it wants a terminal session in Ubuntu and it looks like Ubuntu install is hung with 4 dots, and I can't figure out how to open a terminal.

--R