Well said Kaleb.

The trucks I maintain haul parts for Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chrysler, US Mail, and other high priority (JIT) freight. Many times our trailer is live loaded/unloaded (mostly Toyota) onto the assembly line and other times it sits less than 4 hours before parts are used on the assembly line. Life's extremely exciting when one of these trucks breaks down. I'm the only maintenance person who can get tires changed "NASCAR style" and other trucks pulled out of the shop by a forklift to repair mine. Damnit, I love the power that gives me. :D

There are also 15-20 drivers I manage who easily make 100-130k a year and are home 2 nights/days a week. They make 3-4 times my salary and I tell them what to do.