I mentioned this early in the thread.

I saw the car run twice (actually more than that if you include time trials and
carburetion day) and it was amazing.

Yes, it dropped out with eight laps to go, not due to an engine issue but a
bearing failure in the transmission.

The following year it was wrecked and never driven again.

And of course USAC pretty much ruled it out of competition by mandating an
inlet opening that limited the top speed.

Dan

Sent from my iPad