ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Max Dillon" <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 8:54 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Max's work list today

Hmm, bubble method didn't work so well. The stream of bubbles never came to a complete stop, but there was a distinct reduction. Initially that drop-off was at about 19° BTDC. Ah hah! The IP timing was too retarded, if the start of delivery is supposed to be 24° BTDC for an OM603, same as the OM617.

I checked with the locking tool method to validate, and found that to be over 16° ATDC. FSM says it should be 15° ATDC, +/- 1°.

I didn't want to set the timing using the bubble method due to the lack of a clear cut-off in the bubble stream and the disparity versus the locking tool method, so I set the IP to ~21° BTDC (start of delivery) by bubble method, which was about 13.5° ATDC by locking tool.

Rebuilt all the delivery valves, Lubro Moly Diesel Purge treatment, put it all together and clean up, then test.

0-60 time improved from 13s to 12.25s, and less smoke.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC