Just finished a podcast interview with author of a recent book on "green"
companies, and by chance the lady owns a VW.  Gasser, not diesel.

Lady is "green" herself through and through, and was adamant that she was
going to sell her VW and get a Tesla as soon as she could afford one.  From
her perspective, VW has betrayed us all and is destroying the planet and is
now so evil she pretty much said she hopes they rot in hell.

I would imagine that a lot of the left feels the same way, and so that
Jalopnik story may be credible.

One clever caller asked about the sustainability / availability / future of
lithium (for Li-ion batteries), and she confessed that she didn't know a
thing about that.  Hmmm, don't think I'm going to buy that book.

Max
Charleston SC