Two Words - Diesel and Snorkel

Randy B

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of lee
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:43 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Trucking Industry the Saga continues

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 5:51, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
> so lets here some of those idiot 4 wheeler driver stories.  I always
> love those.

I think anyone living in the Sonoran desert basin of Arizona has a few- we
see
'em in the news constantly.

When it rains hard in the desert around Phoenix and Tucson during the
monsoons, there are any number of washes which cross major roads and which
become impassable, raging torrents of water as much as five or six feet
deep.
Invariably, some weenie thinks "I can cross that, I've got a FOUR WHEEL
DRIVE!"

Generally, you get to see the weenie on the six o'clock news, standing on
the
roof of his submerged SUV, waving arms frantically at the rescue helicopter
overhead.

Apparently, some folks don't realize that a four wheel drive is not a
submarine. Maybe they forgot that the cute propeller thingie on their
trailer
hitch is just for looks...

The best is when they show a picture of the vehicle and it is clearly just a
few yards up or downstream from another four-wheel-drive which got stuck
trying the same thing.

Lee