On 16/10/2015 3:24 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
After 6+ years of being unable to buy 22 Long with 40 grain lead in this country, I was wondering if the situation is similar in the Great Northern Provinces. Are boxes of LR available in Canada, or is this a worldwide "shortage?"

When I do see a box or two on the shelf, they are 2-3 times more expensive than they were 8 years ago, and it it some less popular variation, like short or long, or some very expensive "match grade" thing.

I am not certain of what is or is not readily available as I seldom buy any but my son has complained that sometimes there is a problem getting what he wants. He has been using low power 22LR in an effort to reduce noise as we are not really permitted to shoot out at the lake and do not wish to have neighbors complain. He dispatches as many squirrels as he can in order to keep them out of the cottage. Unfortunately, the low power shells do not work all that well in semi-auto rifles. They don't cycle well.

I would say, we are not having quite the "shortages" that I hear you folks talk about but supply is not as good as it once was.

RB