Pretty upscale neighborhood in Orlando, I believe.  Some of these places have
the craziest rules, all of which are provided to potential buyers who must
attest to having read them and agree to abide by them before they even close on
the house - this is state law.

I’m not defending the HOA, but in a lot of cases the owners just blow this
stuff off and then try to claim the “I didn’t know that” card when confronted
wth a violation.

I think this is a pretty ridiculous example and is probably the result of a
overzealous HOA board, but it’s hard to say.

There is a really high end area on the north side of Tampa (Avila) where people
like Tony Dungy (NFL coach) lives.  We’re talking $1M-$2M homes being cheap
houses in this place. They have rules that ban motorcycles in the neighborhood.
 I knew a guy who had a friend that lived there who he rode with.  They had to
trailer their bikes to his house because they weren’t allowed to ride them on
the neighborhood streets.

Crazy.

There was an HOA over this way that tried a similar stunt over banning pickup
trucks, but an owner sued them and won.  The thing that really sucked for them
was that the HOA had to increase their assessment to pay the legal fees, so
they sort of screwed themselves in a bizarre way.

Dan, HOA President