Had I worked in a traditional shop, such as on trucks or cars where my tools
would be in the same place every day I could have justified it.  However, I did
my work in the field, so everything had to be carried and there was always a
risk of leaving something behind.  While it didn’t happen often, especially
after an A&P guy I knew showed me how to “shadow” my tools, I never felt the
need to make that sort of investment in tools.

Dan