Congrats on the successful punkin hunt.  That earns a Waytago!

Fan's no big trick on that. Buy a used un on Car-part.com or your focal knacker, check/replace the brushes, and swap the fans. Read up on the how tos. If you can take out the used one yourself, that makes a good dry run for when you have to do it on your car.

Alles.

The great pumpkin is installed in the '87 300TD. The car now runs almost silently as designed, with no noise from the rear end. I only feel about 200 years olde today instead of Methuselah's stand in.

The next most pressing fix is to replace the blower motor. Any and all reasonable suggestions appreciated.

I do have a working spare motor/fan/controller assembly.

Fred Moir.
Lynn MA.
Diesel preferred.