Very common around where I lived in Indiana.

The Amish hired "Englishmen" with vans to haul them around for work and travel
to the other Amish communities in the state, so you would see them on the road
all the time.

The communities I worked with in northern Indiana around Nappanee and
Shipshewana allowed the use of stationary gas and diesel engines to run
machinery.  No electricity, however.

Dan

Sent from my iPad