      From: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 9:28 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Project anyone?

I thought too the shovy oldsmodissel PU was available before 1982,
but so far, I have no proof.  Wikipedia don't know...    I don't
remember

63-66 shovy/GMC PU with an OM603 and fully synch 5 or 6 speed.

Thurs I drove by a camper park and saw a 57 or so Apache 36 one ton
truck (flatbed), in what looked like the oxidized remainder of
original red lacquer.  That was droolworthy, (and more scarce) but
I'd prefer a 63-66 model.  One ton is nice. (Big enough to be
actually useful)  Put airbag suspension under it and it'd ride nice
too.