On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 17:34:43 -0500 Rich Thomas via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The power of the Googs provides this pretty good thread  (get it,
> thread?)
> http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/33790-Power-tapping-holes-how-is-it-done

The comment on  03-13-2009, 03:21 PM #9 by Jim Caudill, Senior Member,
is quite interesting:

I could have written exactly the same thing as RobbieKnobbie. The only
thing I would add is get some thread forming taps and learn how to use
them. My progression in learning about tapping is:

     #1 Hand taps
     #2 Using only "gun taps"
     #3 Why didn't I start with thread-forming taps to begin with?

A manufacturer's comment about thread-forming taps is at

http://www.balax.com/sites/default/files/photos/Balax_Catalog4.jpg

A thread on that subject is at
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general-archive/how-thread-forming-tap-used-86164/

Craig