Rich,
My county has sign ordinances as well, but they are waived and not enforced
during election campaigns. I think enforcement during election campaigns might
be considered an infringement upon your right to freedom of speech. If you take
down/destroy other peoples signs, they just might come back into your woods and
introduce you to their little friend. Sometimes it works both ways. I don't
like campaign signs either, but it's just part of the election phase. And since
the county owns the road right of way, it's up to them.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.