http://www.rebuildmastertech.com/mercedes-benz/e-class/e-class-air-suspension-parts/

They have rebuilts for all models. Curly needs to buy that E55 for me himself.

--R

On 2/18/16 9:36 AM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
The W220 will cost you over $2000 just to sort out the air suspension if all
four corners are toast.  At minimum you’re looking at over $1000 for an axle,
and that’s if you’re DIY’ing it.  Double that if you’re paying someone to do
the work for you. Only two sources for air shocks, MB and the aftermarket air
suspension guys (whose name escapes me at present.)

Believe it or not, there are rubber blocks to support the suspension if it
collapses.  They’re not common and you have to know what they are to find them.
 I got a pair for the S430, about $25/each.

It’s possible the problem is the compressor rather than the shocks.  That’s
more likely if it’s down all the way around, and it also causes all kinds of
warnings in the instrument panel.  Still not a cheap fix, but you can DIY the
compressor for a lot less than a replacement.

That’s just the obvious.  No telling what else is lurking in the DAS.

Dan

On Feb 17, 2016, at 10:53 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>