Sounds like they're feeling the Bern

--R

On 2/28/16 4:17 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
Unsustainble.
On Feb 28, 2016 5:50 AM, "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

A good Planet Money episode from a couple of weeks ago covered what’s
happening inside the country.  A lot of utilities that used to be
subsidized are no longer, such as electricity.  They talked about how cheap
electricity used to be - so cheap that people would go away for a weekend
and not turn off lights or AC.  Now their electric bills have doubled and
quadrupled.

That was just one example of how it’s affecting the locals.

Being a government employee, I especially enjoyed their comments about how
most Saudis work for their government, but not a lot. People often show up
every week or two for work, and that’s about it.  It’s rare to be fired
from a government job - if it happens, you don’t really get fired, they
just transfer you to another department.

Dan

On Feb 27, 2016, at 11:21 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <