Thanks.

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sad day

Max and I can keep a lookout at the local PnP for a part

--R

On 3/13/16 4:58 PM, WILTON via Mercedes wrote:
Well, yesterday was a sad, bad day here in sunny Eastern NC. I can no longer refer to my 29½-year-old '87 300D (144 kmi) as "showroom" or nearly "showroom." Though it still has no significant dings, scratches or dents, and is badly in need of a good "Marthaing," yesterday I discovered that a section ('bout 6" X 8") of the plastic, inner fender immediately behind left front wheel has broken loose from the mounting point at lower, front corner of the rocker panel and is hanging by a place only 1" long at end of a crack along top edge of the piece. Lucky to have not lost the piece. I "doctored" (glued it in place) with black silicone gooped between the piece and forward end of rocker panel and along the crack. 'Holding it in place for day or so with blue painter's tape. Reminds me of baling-wire fixes of "days-of-yore." 'Just thought of another possible way to hold it together - "sew" the crack together with loops of small, thin tiewraps (zipties). I'll watch it and decide if it needs more doctoring. If I were able, I scout salvage yard for replacement inner fender.

Wilton