On 29/03/2016 4:49 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Suggest you stock up on the Aladdin mantles. They are now made out of the
country but a short supply of the "new old stock" still exists. Seems they
had some component which made them last that the EPA chose to render
"unobtainium" so manufacture went to somewhere in South America, I believe.

The new production mantles work well.. just don't last like the "made in
America" original production ones.

It is soooooo nice to have the goobermnt making sure we can't buy products they don't want us to have. Like land to grow crops on. Coal for fuel chemicals to kill mosquitos, the worlds largest killer of humans.

They get all atwitter about banning guns, but have no problem killing many times more people by mosquito than what are killed by guns, including suicides.

Personally, I like having asbestos insulation for wires in a stove or oven. The amount of asbestos is so small it really does not represent a significant risk.

I think the mantles came with a warning that they were radioactive.

RB

So is milk!