I can’t vouch for the Widows files. but the Apple files you reference are
merely caches, or places where files and data are cached during use.  The
system saves copies of these if it thinks you’re using them regularly so that
when you re-visit a site it can load faster.

As a point of housekeeping you can easily clear them on a regular basis without
fear or damage.  Just do a “Safari > Clear History” and “Safari > Preferences >
Privacy” and click on “Remove all Website Data”.

Do understand that if you remove cookies if you had autofill turned on for
things like credentials that you would have to re-enter this information on the
respective web page.

There are some tools that clean this stuff out automagically, such as a program
I have used for many years called “Cocktail”.

http://www.maintain.se/cocktail/ <http://www.maintain.se/cocktail/>

Dan