I'm probably showing my age, but I start almost everything from terminal on
Linux. Back in the days of windowmaker / CDE, icons weren't absolute or
universal. Wave when you drive through Indiana, I'll wave back.

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:43:55 -0400 Ed Booher via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > You are using add-ons or options I am unfamiliar with, my vanilla RHEL 5
> > looks nothing like that. The Gnome bar I am used to has my windowspaces
> > in it and running processes and nothing else.
> >
> > EdB
>
> You can right click on the Gnome bar and add things to the bar,
> launchers, drawers with launchers, system monitor, clock as well as Show
> Desktop, main menus, logout, and lock screen buttons. I also have a
> launcher for a terminal window, a volume control, two instances of the
> Weather Report applet (one locally and one in Indiana where we are
> headed), and two instances of the Netspeed applet (one for our LAN and
> one for an X terminal which is directly connected on another NIC). The
> letter with the fancy S on it in the middle is what Sylpheed puts in the
> Notification Area when it's running.
>

> Craig

"Das beste oder nichts." - *Gottlieb Daimler*