On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> Just go to newegg and sign up for daily specials, they offer components for
> cheepcheep pretty often.  you can get a new mother board and chip to pop in
> the box, you might be able to reuse your memory sticks and everything else
> just pretty much plugs into it. You might need a new power supply too
> depending on what your old one puts out or what kind of connectors it has.

I was going to build one recently, but ended up getting an off-lease
Dell server and adding hard drives and memory.  Ultimately it was
cheaper and quieter than anything I could have put together myself.
Also it came with a Windows license though I recently installed ESX
over it.

You can get a new stripped T110 for $200-ish, but I'm with Curt that
the older enterprise machines are the best bang for the buck when 2-3
years old.

Best,
Tim
does not presently work for Dell