Having served, I consider myself very fortunate that none of my shipmates died.

Someday I'd like to hear your story Jon.  Aviator, right?  I think the
mortality rate among naval aviators was 25% in a twenty year career?  That was
peace time mortality rate.  1 in 4, just during normal operations.  High price
indeed.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC