Clay,
I have two older Dells (Vostro 200 and 220) with dual core CPUs. I had a "good"
multi-user copy of Win7 Pro from a law firm support person. I've loaded it on 3
PCs prior to upgrade to Win10. All three loaded and registered via the internet
with no problems. The only problem I had was the old Vostro 200 required a BIOS
update to handle one of the CPU instructions before it would load Win10.
Otherwise, everything worked fine and still does months later. Maybe I'm just
lucky, but I've been with MS since the 80's and they've never caused me enough
problems to want to switch to a Mac. I used Macs in a development environment
in the 90's and had my fill of the hard drive and memory problems that we
experienced.
So, again, different strokes. If what you use makes you happy and serves your
needs, then stay with it...that's what I do.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.