I remember some discussion of bicycles on here recently.
Yesterday after a ride Angie complained that her bike "felt funny" on
inspection I found the rear hub has about 1/8" of play... This is a "Free
Spirit" 10spd probably from the early '80s or late '70s. Looks like it was
probably sold by Sears, looks just like:
http://www.sweatershoppe.com/bicycles/258-5820-8x6.jpg
So I've done some Googling and the hub rebuild looks pretty easy though I've
got to get in there and see what kind of tool I'll need to get it apart. I'm
thinking to pull it apart, grease with some Mobil 1 axle grease and reassemble.
Looks like some hubs have adjustable free-play, hoping thats the case here...
Thoughts? Is M1 a decent grease for the job?
-Curt