Max:

A complete service (polish or replace crystal, disassemble, clean, assemble, oil) is gonna be at least $100. Less than that, they are just rinsing it and re-lubricating (or worse, spraying with "one step" cleaner/lube). Cheap service is worse than none at all, I've gotten a number of watches treated with something similar that was popular in the 70's, I think -- leaves accumulations of hard green crud that won't come off in normal watch cleaning solutions and has to be hand polished off to restore operation. Horrible stuff

Good news is that while most manufacturers would recommend annual servicing, with modern materials and synthetic oils that do not turn to goo or evaporate, once a decade is probably adequate. 17 jewel Seiko watches have some points that require more frequent service to prevent wear, notably auto-wind pivots and gears. More frequent lubrication will prevent parts replacement.

I've heard possibly true stories of Seiko's running more than 40 years with no service whatsoever, though, and have bought a number over the years that run fine with no evidence they have been opened or disassembled (no screwdriver marks on the screws).

Dropping onto a concrete floor or something similar might reduce the intervals between services at bit, though...

Of course, any time it won't stay wound long enough to leave it off for a day or when timekeeping becomes too erratic or fast/slow it needs a service.

Peter